Sonntag, 15. März 2009

You're lazy and you're indiscreet and you're bad in bed as well

- Well, I've had no complaints before.

Sally Timms and The Drifting Cowgirls featuring Marc Almond - This house is a House of Trouble
(Don´t judge a record by it´s cover.)

If there was a musical genre called Domestic Quarrel it would be populated by Southern Soul and Country duets (Also, the first Prolapse album comes to mind - I´m plannin to post this in the near future) but this would be the opener of the K-Tel box set "The Best of Domestic Quarrel Rock".

I love the Mekons. I love Sally Timms. I love Marc Almond. (Very much.)
So put these three together and it´s critical mass time in the love bomb department!
I use this explosive device in every one of my DJ sets - yes, boy/girl you can dance to the sound of crashing dishes - and usually get ZERO response from the jaded but uncritical masses filling my dancefloor - and girl/boy I can tell you: my ballroom´s always full - this very fact may show you how utterly boring the zeroes and how underdeveloped the taste in their inhabitants turned out - worse than the 90´s and their inhabitants as if that were possible.


>>>Sally Timms and The Drifting Cowgirls feat. Marc Almond - This House is a House of Trouble (You can download the track by clicking on divShare)



On the flip side of this 12" the Mekons are in straight country mode and Miss Timmses voice soars and rises in this tearjerker:
"The sun comes up like a shadow..."
>>>Sally Timms and The Drifting Cowgirls - (chained to) The Anchor of Love

(She is such an unconventional Honky Tonk Angel)

Also rather good - this rebel rousing folk song:
>>>Sally Timms and The Drifting Cowgirls - My Little Pony




And if you ask yourself how Marc A., the seedy Disco Queen and sleazy Chansonniere got in touch with those Leedsian rootsrockers - in `87 his boat was actually sailing close by, it was called Mother Fist and had quite a handful of handsome sailors on board, f. i. this one:
>>>Marc Almond - Melancholy Rose

Keine Kommentare: