Samstag, 11. August 2007

An den Ahnfurten


Nargaroth, Amarok - Zorn des Lammes III
Look, whats been swept ashore: It´s the third installment in the epic Amarok - Zorn des Lammes (Wrath of the Lamb - What a title) - a fairly atypical song from Nargaroth's concept-album (the concept being the celebration of all things Old-School-Black-Metal) Black Metal Ist Krieg (Black Metal Is War - Oh, how we laughed). In the first minutes it's more of a gothic lament with man and woman duetting ("Kanwulf"/Nargaroth - the master of deceit- claims in his comments to the album, that no girl has been singing on this tune - must have been some restless soul from the beyond) without instrumental accompaniment, only the sound of thunderstorm and waves crashing in the background, before turning to harsher means.

I have seen the wrath of the land,
as I wandered like a wolf among the
sheep.
I was a part of the wrath of the lamb,
so I am a part of the
wolf.
Oh I am the wolf, oh I am the lamb,
so I am (fuck) Satan and I'm
(fuck) God.
Call me now Judas or call me insane,
I am what I am, I'm
just a men/man.
Call me now Judas or call me insane,
I am what I am, I'm
just a men/man.
Fuck yeah, arrghh...
I am a men/man.


In his comments to the album Kanwulf refers to the motivation for the song in seeing T-Shirts with slogans like "I shit on being German" and "I was proud to be German" (depicting a decomposed corpse), which indicates to him the deplorable state of national pride, which the creator of "German Hateful Metal" obviously rather resents (his stuff is released by No Colours Records, a german Nazi-Metal-label):

Dieses Land scheint unter einer Art Trauma bezüglich eines
Teils unserer Geschichte, bzw. der nationalen Identität zu
leiden Anzeigen dafür sind zum Beispiel im Verkauf von T-Shirts
mit der Aufschrift "Ich scheiße darauf ein Deutscher zu sein"
auszumachen. Mir ist kein anderes Land bekannt, welches eine
derartige Selbstverleundung betreibt und dies auch noch
kommerziel zu nutzen scheint.
Der Gipfel all dessen endete meines Erachtens in der
publikation eines T-Shirts auf dem eine zum Teil verweste
Leiche zu sehen ist und welche mit dem Worten "Ich war stolz
ein Deutscher zu sein" versehen wurde.(...) Aber auch wenn
man es anders interpretieren kann, sehe ich darin auch die
Verleugnung einer verheizten, verleugneten und allzu gern
vergessenen Generation unseres Landes. Ich rede von den
deutschen Soldaten der/des Weltkrieges.


So Kanwulf is dedicating his song to "the fallen sons and daughters of his family":

Im speziellen widme ich dieses Lied den gefallenen Söhnen und
Töchtern aus meiner Familie, welche im ersten WK ihr Leben
ließen, mit 17 Jahren in Russland in einem Panzer verbrannten,
in belgien fielen oder, bezüglich der weiblichen Gefallenen,
sich nach einer mehrfachen Vergewaltigung selbst das Leben
nahmen.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/nargaroth/blackmetalistkrieg.html#8
After reading his comments and interviews it´s easy to make a diagnosis of the guy´s character: obviously a narcissistic personality, forever stuck in an adolescent state, suffering from delusions of grandeur. That makes him one of the more entertaining screwheads in the genre.

Nargaroth-debunking-site, almost as funny in its earnestness as the guy himself (in german):
http://nargaroth.shaddai.name/

Warrior Kanwulf appears on the afternoon-talkshow "Sonja" in a leather miniskirt, his flatmate is having problems with his ways and "gets sick, when seeing him":




And here is the song:
Nargaroth - Zorn des Lammes III

Keine Kommentare: